- COMPANY RESPONSIBILITY
- Founding partners
- Legal Area Senior Lawyers
- Tax Area Senior Tax Specialists Tax Specialists
- Labour Area Senior HR Specialists HR Specialists
- PRACTICE AREAS
- Criminal Area
- Civil Area
- Commercial Area
- Labour Area
- Administrative Area
- Banking and Financial Area
- Tax and Fiscal Area
- Engineering Area
- HOME /
- The firm/
- Company responsibility
The whys and hows
FLA (Floresta Longo and Associates) shares the ideas on the course of Corporate Social Responsibility common to all the world of enterprising, with the aim of integrating into its activities themes of ethical, environmental and social nature. The objective of “collective growth” is, first and foremost, an individual commitment: respect for the work environment means a balanced management of resources, interpersonal relationships of mutual esteem, and improvement of one’s own aptitudes with a view to personal development and, as a consequence, new social value.
For these reasons, FLA backs the commitment to environmental protection, encourages cooperation between diversities and the inclusion of heterogeneous cultures, favours sustainability of work, individual freedom and all those practical and intellectual activities directed to the wellbeing of the community, in an ethical code of wide spectrum (FLA VALUES ECOSYSTEM).
This is brought about:
- by means of sensitisation regarding careful use of energy, water and paper, by professionals in the Firm, clients and freelance professionals. Through the implementation of the FFE programme (FLA FOR EFFICIENCY), directed and monitored by dedicated consultants, the Firm develops and constantly monitors the energy balance of its own structure, maximizing the relationship between efficiency and conservation of resources;
- by guaranteeing members of the Firm, of which 50% are women, flexibility, security and opportunities for professional growth. By means of the FFD programme (FLA FOR DIVERSITY) the Firm favours genre qualification reconciling the needs for professional growth with those concerning the personal and family development of its colleagues and collaborators offering insurance and financial aid to mother workers.
- by promoting an intergenerational pact based on equity between the generations, by means of valorising merit and the engagement of talented young professionals. Through the FFY programme (FLA FOR YOUTH) the Firm chooses its future colleagues and collaborators from among the most talented graduates from Italian universities, by making use of the Alma Laurea channel or through the Firm’s members’ scouting activities. At the moment there are 52 members of which over a third graduated with honours;
- by cultivating the potential of the single members by means of training dedicated to their professional growth. Through the FFE programme (FLA FOR EDUCATION) the Firm promotes specialist training of its members by financing specialization courses and Master courses in Italy and abroad, and by encouraging the use of legal English through permanent courses organized on the premises held by mother tongue speakers;
- by promoting culture on a wide range of heterogeneous initiatives such as training exchanges, university research and teaching, scientific cooperation, conferences and publications. Supported by the FLORESTA LONGO FOUNDATION, the Firm promotes scientific cooperation with the academic world, the specialised journals in the sector, and organizes and sponsors conferences and workshops on legal and economic subjects of topical interest and relevance. Since 2010 the Firm has published the FLA papers, in-depth studies carried out by colleagues and collaborators in the Firm, into subjects of particular importance dealt with within the sphere of their professional experience;
- by promoting sports activities, taking on “pro bono” tasks in order to help the weaker sectors of the population, and by supporting beneficial and socially useful activities. Through its FFS programme (FLA FOR SPORT) the Firm encourages extraprofessional aggregation by sponsoring the football and beach volleyball teams formed spontaneously by colleagues and collaborators of the Firm. Moreover, it defends the rights and reasons of the less fortunate by taking on non-profit-making work, and by actively taking part in socially relevant events that develop common social awareness.